Monday 1 February 2010

Solving the traffic problem

Do you know how tough it is to drive on a busy Bangalore road? especially for a learner. I experienced it lately. I am a four wheeler learner. The guy who teaches me says it is very easy.. just know your clutch, gear and brake and it is done.
After a week's toil i learnt my clutch, brake and gear... but still driving is a pain for me. In the traffic my coach tells me... "go forward.. cut the traffic and go.. the other guys will stop don't stop for them". but i think if the other person also thinks the same way, then?
My driving coach spent 15 days with me, still am at square one... bugged and irritated he is given up on me...' madam, there is nothing I can do, you have to practice.. drive your vehicle everyday". I agree... but is it a good option? am i adding chaos to the crisis?
undoubtedly yes, but i want to move around the city.. go to job, pick and drop my son at school, shop, meet frnds.... i need to learn driving... am confused!! how can i learn driving without disturbing the already disrupt Bangalore traffic..
Thought over it for days....finally came up with a plan.. will drive around my layout... with new vigour i started driving around my layout.. to your knowledge it is a properly laid layout... but when i drove along there were a lot of drawbacks.. first thing..people park their vehicle where ever they like.. sometimes at the turning, and at the middle of the road!! ( no, am not exaggerating, it's true). Then they come from anywhere.. and go anywhere No signal, no honking...as if they are driving on the moon!!

Now you know why the Bangalore traffic is in such a mess.  Preaching is easy, no one looks at their own courtyard and blames the neighbour for the stink.Let me make an appeal to those who are already driving please introspect and see how you are driving.. do you have traffic sense and citizen sense... Do it fast so that learners like me can come out on road and drive peacefully.. Let us all join together and make Bangalore the best city of the world.

Hope everyone listens,
Regards
.....

1 comment:

  1. sarttring another "Jagore India"??... Grt 2 read.. keep writing... Waiting for more...

    ReplyDelete